Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Specialized Vocabular

I left off that "“y"” on purpose '‘cause it sounds cooler.

Anyway, I have a question.

Do you know cops?

Of course you do.

Well, you know when cops will occasionally drive their cars through parks? Like actually on the small park sidewalks and trails?

I was wondering if the cops themselves have a special term for that.

My first instinct would say parking, but alas, my first instincts are apparently all homograph-happy.

I've actually been wondering this for a while, and when another specialized vocabulary question struck me earlier today (though now I can't, for the love of God, remember what it was), I figured I'd throw the question out there. Anybody know?