Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Holy Crap What The Hell

So I was in a little bit of a weird mood yesterday. It could have been that it was my first day back at work after a little while, and I wasn't used to it, or it could have been a little jetlag, or any number of things...but about midway through the afternoon, I encountered something which pissed me off. And if you know me, you know that I don't anger lightly. I'm not one to just go into a huff for no reason. I'm not sure why this was so egregious, but it was.

Anyway.

Around 2 o'clock, an e-mail went out to my company that there was free food in the kitchen. I had not brought a lunch and since I'm always ALWAYS willing to save 7 dollars, I went to go pick up my food, which was Cuban sandwiches and salad. Cuban sandwich = A-Okay! That's not where the problem was. I went to go get some salad and discovered that the salad was completely full of lemon wedges. I'm talking full on quarter lemons, with the rind. 12 or 13 of them. And it pissed me off because for chrissakes, NOBODY wants a lemon in their salad. Nobody! Nobody just grabs a big bowl of salad and then says "Oh, I'm sure glad I have 4 LEMON WEDGES TO EAT."

Sure, you might say, maybe they're there to garnish. "Pick one up," you say, impersonating someone offering you some salad with lemon wedges as if it were a reasonable thing. "Squeeze one on there, it's fresh and inviting." BULLSHIT. If they wanted to offer them as garnishes for their fancypants salad, they should have left them on a goddam plate next to the salad. But apparently somebody thought that it would be cute or elegant or something if there were a bunch of frickin' lemons IN a totally normal salad.

God. It really got my ire up. Of course, the problem was easily solved by not taking any of the lemons and instead just taking the salad I wanted. But it mostly just annoyed the crap out of me since it seemed like something NOBODY would EVER want. Sigh.

I'm just cranky.

1 comments:

Chris Serico said...

I'm right there with you, buddy. Lemons are for lemonade and Jack-and-Coke.

Just a year ago, I would have been angry about anyone wanting a salad, regardless of contents.