Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I Wet My Bed Last Night

At about 5:30 this morning, ‘midst a cold and troublesome sleep, I found myself reaching over for the glass of water on my nightstand. I sat up slightly and brought the glass to my mouth. Only, instead of actually drinking the water, I thought it’d be a good idea to splash the entire glass all over my face, chest, and bed.

It wasn’t a muscle spasm, and it wasn’t like I was dreaming or anything. This was a conscious decision (albeit 75% conscious decision) to pour freezing cold water on my mattress and pillows and person in the middle of the night.

I cursed, dried off, threw a towel over the huge stupid wet spot, and spent the rest of the night “sleeping” on the foot-wide space of still-dry mattress against the wall. But not before trying to find and kill the imaginary mouse I knew was crawling under my covers.

Apparently, night is when Chris gets out the crazy-crazies.

0 comments: