Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Meats I Need To Eat Today

Well, it's that time of year again: Lent. And this year, as with every year, I am giving up meat for Lent.

But hey, Lent is TOMORROW. These are the meats I'm going to eat today, Fat Tuesday 2006:

-bacon!
-some kind of meat burrito or pita!
-a nice thick turkey sandwich!
-au jus!
-pepperoni pizza!
-buffalo wings!
-anything else that I remember!
-and, of course, the Final Big Mac of Ordinary Time! (got this done last night)

Now if you see me dead on the street, exploded, you'll know why.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a good Catholic! I always give up church for lent. 7 years and going Strong! How long is lent?

Anonymous said...

Lent is 40 days and 40 nights...Hasnt EVERYONE seen the movie?!?

Baz said...

is 40 days and 40 nights the one where julia stiles plays a snarky teenager?

Anonymous said...

40 Days and 40 Nights is when Josh Harnett gives up sex for lent. Poor Shannyn Sossamon..

miss.marni said...

dear alex:

here are the things i am giving up for lent this year:
- meat
- paying rent
- reading anonymous comments on the elephant larry blog
-sex

oh, and judaism, i guess.

love you,
~marni

Anonymous said...

Good luck with all that meat, Geoff! Personally, I'll be giving up cookies for lent, so I've got a lot of Chips Ahoy to eat tonight!

Hey, speaking of lent, what's the deal with Elephant Larry's March 4th show at Brandeis? I'd like to go, but I can't find any official details.

Chris Serico said...

I'm giving up giving up things for Lent.

Anonymous said...

I just give up.