Friday, November 16, 2007

Beowulf...

...is good!

Or rather, it's a solid action movie that is made absolutely spectacular when you see it in IMAX 3D. I actually can't imagine NOT seeing it in IMAX 3D, and perhaps would recommend not seeing it at all if you can't.

I don't know if this is necessarily the future of movies, but the simulation of scale and perspective, in particular, completely changes the movie-watching experience, and I would be more than happy to see movie-makers continue to refine this process.

Just know that there were multiple times throughout the movie that my brain kind of felt like it was melting. In a good way.

4 comments:

Douglas Cress said...

at which theater did you see it?

Alex said...

Lincoln Center Loews, last night at 9:30pm. Were you there?

Douglas Cress said...

nah - just curious if they had one of those theaters in my vicinity.

Anonymous said...

You know, actually the new Seamus Heaney translation of Beowulf made me understand why anyone would want to read it. Pretty cool stuff.