Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fandango and Facebook are Fucking.

Alright, Fandango and Facebook. You both suck.

Sure, I'm going to see Beowulf in 3-D IMAX tomorrow.* That doesn't mean I'm proud of it. In fact, I'm pretty embarrassed about it.

But instead of getting to bottle up my shame, Fandango has chosen to hawk it on the electronic superhighway, by automatically adding a notice to my Facebook profile stating that I bought advance tickets to Beowulf. At no point did Fandango or Facebook stop to ask my permission about this.

Thanks a lot. Now everyone knows I'm a sucker. Not that they didn't know before, but now they have proof.


*I'm not going to see Beowulf under any pretense that it will be good; I've just never seen a movie in 3D IMAX before and I figured this would be a good introduction. Whenever they put feature films on IMAX, I never want to see them for fear that the enormity of the visuals will overwhelm and distract me from other aspects of the film. I figured I should be ignoring all of this film's other aspects anyway. Thus concludes my flimsy excuse.

0 comments: