Friday, October 19, 2007

Rumors

Listen.

Ever since Joe Torre essentially got fired yesterday, there's been a lot of speculation.

The Yankees will want someone steadfast, a good leader. Someone with an intimate knowledge of the team and an extensive background in sketch comedy. Someone who loves the Yankees, and managing more than anything else in the world.

But as much as it pains me to say, I am using this blog to formally announce that I am taking myself out of the running for manager of the New York Yankees.

No one could ever hope to succeed a man of the grace, class and strength of will of Joe Torre, and I for one refuse to be the man stuck in his long, historic shadow. I wish him well in all his future endeavors and wish his family luck and health.

Another reason I will refuse to be considered for the job is that I am really pissed off at the Yankees.

0 comments: